Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Ringing In


Happy 2014 everyone! Hope you all enjoyed whatever festivities you took part in, and that the hangovers are minor and easily dispelled. If you're anything like me, you're probably already knee-deep in new projects, not to mention scrambling to finish old ones. To keep with the spirit of the day, I'll be indulging in something completely new to me project-wise today, as well as posting the first of my "Top 5 of 2013" lists this afternoon. Because of the winter break, I still have just under a week before I go back to teaching, and I'm determined to make the most of it!

And for those of you unfamiliar with the fabulous film still above, it's a shot of the head glamour-puss vampire Delphine Seyrig from the 1971 schlocky vampire horror fest "Daughters of Darkness". I can't believe that one of the few shots of a character knitting on film came from this movie, but if cheesy 70s horror with beautiful architecture, amazing costume changes, and completely illogical plot lines is your bag (as it is mine!), you should check it out :)

2 comments:

  1. Look at those mega-DPNs! I've never seen anything like them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right? Only an immortal haute-couture vampire could wield them with such poise and grace!

    ReplyDelete