Sunday, October 20, 2013

Fade to Black


Due to some *lining issues*, my originally planned finished-garment-related post has been postponed until a later date (a date which will hopefully be accompanied by some decent morning light). But far from preventing such fruitless activity, sewing problems actually enable my desire and ability to spend way too much time drooling over expensive knits under the pretense of "inspiration hunting". Hence a morning spent ferreting out some favourites from amongst the vast collection of beautiful sweaters over at La Garconne, a site where the models are spotlessly mussed and the price tags will leave you breathless.

Although I don't imagine I will ever be able to afford so much as a see-through (and therefore pointless) t-shirt from this site, it does make for some pretty fun image gathering. And they eschew colour as much as I do! It's clear from these examples that I'm very drawn to directional ribbs and cables at the moment, not to mention anything with some interesting texture. And although I'm loathe to shill for any brand, particularly expensive designer ones, it's worth clicking the links to check out some of the stitch details up close:

from top left to bottom right: Steven Alan, Vanessa Bruno Athe, Helmut Lang, 3.1 Phillip Lim, Rag&Bone, Tsumori Chisato, Laura Manoogian, Hope, Acne Studios.

Enjoy!  

4 comments:

  1. They are all rather nice. Really digging the middle top one. But they all look like they would be easy to knit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog through Ravelry, I love your sense of style. These knits are beautiful...sadly, too much on the needles already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I know, I'm in the same boat: too many projects on the go to even contemplate starting any new ones (which is not to say I'm not planning ahead regardless!). I'd love to have the time and money to make reasonable facsimiles of all these sweaters :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear, how people can afford so expensive sweaters!!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete